“Project Peace Lights (PPL) is an organization dedicated to accelerating the standardization and rollout of Peace Education globally, initially in the African Union. This involves working with all related parties to define and develop primary and secondary curricula and managing an outreach process to involve citizens down to the local tribal level.“
We realize that to be successful in accelerating the timeline for rolling out peace education in the African Union, we must have five things:
1) A professionally managed and effective Curriculum Development Working Group made up of representatives from all 55 nations.
2) A program of outreach and engagement down to the tribal level for input and involvement.
3) Support and endorsements from Ministers of Education, political figures, education professionals, and other individuals.
4) Strong partnerships in both the Diaspora and in the Continental AU, and in fields related to peace education.
5) Financial support to manage the program.
Involvement from every country in the African Union is required to realize a successful Pan-African Curriculum Development Working Group. The working group (made up of education professionals) will define and develop primary and secondary school curriculum that will satisfy the Agenda 2063 aspirations relative to peace education (Aspiration #4). Input and involvement will be received down to the tribal level in each country to feed back into this 24 to 36 month process.
The Tribal Outreach and Engagement Program will be achieved largely through partnerships with numerous organizations throughout Africa and the Diaspora. Project Peace Lights plan will engage paid efforts in all countries of the African Union. Working Group representatives, team members to host local discussions, travel logistics coordinations, and other service providers will all be needed to support the outreach efforts.
If you think you or your organization can help, please let us know below.